Wednesday 6 June 2012

A normal working day

I am on a normal working day this week, and suppose to be working over the weekend, but I swapped with a friend who so I will not be working this weekend. Unfortunately, I will be working straight for the next 2 weeks non-stop. InsyaAllah, I can do it.

Today, I was assigned to work through the outstanding e-discharges. These e-discharges are the main form of communication with the GP. The GP will want to know what happened to their patients who they sent to hospital or if they went to A+E. They also want to know if there are changes in their patients medication and updates if the patient comes back for review or if patient have questions that were not answered at hospital. We are supposed to do it within 24 hours of patients being discharged or else we will be penalized. Unfortunately, due to the quick turnover of patients, there were back-logs of patients discharge letters needed doing.

We also have lunch-time teachings - everyone has been assigned to present during these teaching sessions.
Today's lunch time teaching was very interesting. It was on Paediatrics patients diagnosed with endocrine tumour. It stimulated questions especially with regards to interpretation of thyroid function test (TFTs). I will need to revise how to interpret TFTs.

The highlight of my 'not-so-interesting-day' : TAB Summary!
Multi-source feeback/ Team assessment of behaviour is a tool used to assess our behaviour as doctors!
Some of the feedback:

  • Several patients have commented to me that Shafiqah adopted a caring attitude and communicated wel in her interactions with them
  • A doctor that is very conscientious
  • Wonderful house-officer and very good in team-working and organisations.
I am so flattered and made my day! Thank you so much everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment